My Portfolio and Links

Sunday, September 8, 2013

iAnimate Motion Capture Workshop 1 - The FUN-damentals!



While attending the Games Workshop I spoke with Ric Arroyo (Head of Game
Animation at iAnimate.net) about the next step I need to keep enhancing my body mechanics in my animations. Ric then detailed the brand new Motion Capture Workshop iAnimate was starting and it was a perfect fit for me!

Admittedly, I was hesitant about Motion Capture because I did not fully understand how powerful and what a fantastic resource it is to study motion!

My instructor is none other than Brent George who has worked on so many amazing projects such as: Batman: Arkham Origins, Far Cry 3 and Jame's Cameron's Avatar: The Game, just to name a few!

We have learned so many different aspects of Motion Capture from setting up Actors and Rigs, keyframe extractions and how to protect the performance!

I embrace Motion Capture as a fantastic tool and the next step in my evolution as a digital artist.

It has been an amazing workshop and I look forward to starting the Motion Capture Workshop 2 - Crafting a Performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment